Ngā Hoa o Waitangi
Friends of Waitangi
Become a Friend of Waitangi and receive exclusive invitations to special events and free entry to the Treaty Grounds, including Te Kōngahu Museum of Waitangi and Te Rau Aroha Museum of The Price of Citizenship.
You will enjoy access to both museums, powerful cultural performances, informative guided tours as well as our native forest and gardens, visitor centre, traditional waka, delicious café and so much more, all with stunning views over the Bay of Islands.
We encourage you to return often, as we constantly seek to enhance and strengthen your Waitangi experience with exclusive invitations to new attractions such as exhibition openings, special events, lectures, concerts, and more.
What are the benefits of being a Friend of Waitangi?
- Unlimited free admission to Waitangi Treaty Grounds, including Te Kōngahu Museum of Waitangi, Te Rau Aroha Museum of the Price of Citizenship and all heritage buildings
- Unlimited free access to a full programme of informative guided tours and cultural performances
- Invitations to special events
- Regular e-newsletters with exhibition, public programme and event updates
- 10% discount at the Treaty Grounds gift shop
- 10% discount at Whare Waka Café
How much does it cost to become a Friend of Waitangi?
$30 annually as New Zealand Residents (ID required). An initial administration fee of $5 applies.
Becoming a Friend
How do I become a Friend of Waitangi?
Visit Waitangi Treaty Grounds and mention you would like to join our Friends of Waitangi programme.
- Renewal applies annually but not automatically, you must renew manually
- Friends of Waitangi benefits belong to the member only
- Membership is not transferable or refundable
- You must produce your online membership card to obtain the benefits
- Membership prices, events, benefits, reciprocal arrangements, and terms are subject to change at Waitangi Treaty Grounds’ discretion