Become a Friend of Waitangi.
Become a Friend of Waitangi and receive exclusive invitations to special events and free entry to the Treaty Grounds, Te Kōngahu Museum of Waitangi and Te Rau Aroha. You will enjoy access to both museums, powerful Māori cultural performances, informative guided tours as well as our native forest and gardens, carving studio, visitor centre, traditional Māori waka, delicious café and so much more, all with stunning views over the Bay of Islands.
We encourage you to return often, as we constantly seek to enhance and strengthen your Waitangi experience with exclusive invitations to new attractions such as exhibition openings, special events, lectures, concerts, and more.
What are the benefits of being a Friend of Waitangi?
- Unlimited free admission to Waitangi Treaty Grounds, Te Kōngahu Museum of Waitangi, Te Rau Aroha museum and all heritage buildings
- Unlimited free access to a full programme of informative guided tours and cultural performances
- Invitations to special events
- Regular e-newsletters with exhibition, public programme and event updates
- 10% discount at the Treaty Grounds gift shop
- 10% discount at Whare Waka Café
How much does it cost to become a Friend?
- New Zealand Residents (ID required) $30 annually. An initial administration fee of $5 applies.
How do I get my card?
Download and complete the Friends of Waitangi Form and hand it in at Waitangi Treaty Grounds main entrance, or ask for a form on arrival. Your photo will be taken before your card is printed. It will be ready for you to collect at a later date.
Terms and conditions
- Cards can only be obtained at Waitangi Treaty Grounds
- Card renewal applies annually
- Member benefits apply to the cardholder only
- Membership is not transferable or refundable
- You must produce your membership card to obtain the benefits
- Membership prices, events, benefits, reciprocal arrangements, and terms are subject to change at Waitangi Treaty Grounds’ discretion
- Lost or damaged cards can be replaced on request in person at Waitangi Treaty Grounds main entrance. Card replacement incurs a fee of $5.00