Be among the first to hear about new exhibitions, lectures, concerts and even Easter egg hunts!
What are the benefits to being a Friend of Waitangi?
- Free admission to Waitangi Treaty Grounds and Te Kōngahu Museum of Waitangi
- Free guided tours
- Free cultural performances
- Invitations to special events
- Regular e-newsletters with exhibition, public programmes and event updates
- 10% discount at the Treaty Grounds gift shop
- 10% discount at Whare Waka Café
How much does it cost to become a Friend?
- Far North District Residents (proof of residence required) * $5
- New Zealand Residents (ID required) $30
How do I get my card?
Download and complete the Friends of Waitangi form and hand it in at Waitangi Treaty Grounds main entrance, or ask for a form on arrival at our main entrance. One of our friendly staff will then take your photo, create your card and it will be ready for you to collect at a later date.
Terms and conditions
- Cards can only be obtained at Waitangi Treaty Grounds.
- Card renewal applies annually.
- Member benefits apply to the card holder only.
- Membership is not transferable or refundable.
- You must produce your membership card to obtain the benefits.
- Membership prices, events, benefits, reciprocal arrangements and terms are subject to change at Waitangi Treaty Grounds’ discretion.
- Lost or damaged cards can be replaced on request in person at Waitangi Treaty Grounds main entrance. Card replacement incurs a fee of $5.00.