COVID-19 Protection Framework at Waitangi Treaty Grounds
In order to comply with the COVID-19 Protection Framework, from 3 December 2021 Waitangi Treaty Grounds requires all visitors aged 12+ to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff and contractors who work on site are fully vaccinated. This will also apply to customers at Whare Waka Café.
In addition to using the COVID-19 tracer app to scan in on arrival, visitors will be asked for proof of vaccination status by showing a My Vaccine Pass to our staff.
We will continue to update and review our policy as the situation around COVID-19 evolves. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your cooperation as we implement this new policy. We acknowledge this has been a challenging time for many and look forward to your continued support.
COVID-19 safety measures:
- Contact tracing procedures will be in place at the main entrance and Whare Waka Café
- All custom facing staff will be wearing masks
- The frequency of the cleaning regime across all staff and public areas has been increased, including regular sanitisation of tables, door handles, chairs, Eftpos machines, lift buttons and surfaces including interactive touchscreens and benches
- Tour numbers will be limited and visitors asked to keep a safe distance from each other
- Audio devices used guided tours will be sanitised between each tour
- Extra hand sanitising stations have been placed throughout the Grounds
If you have been asked to self-isolate due to potential exposure to COVID-19, feel unwell, or awaiting a COVID-19 test result please do not visit Waitangi Treaty Grounds.