COVID-19 safety measures at Waitangi Treaty Grounds
Because of the unpredictable nature of Covid-19, we are unable to guarantee being open on the day of your planned visit due to potential staff shortages. This unpredictability also means that we might have to make a last-minute decision on being able to offer guided tours and cultural performances. Currently our cultural performances are being replaced with Te Whare Rūnanga tours. We apologise if this causes any inconvenience.
COVID-19 safety measures:
- All custom facing staff will be wearing masks
- The frequency of the cleaning regime across all staff and public areas has been increased, including regular sanitisation of tables, door handles, chairs, Eftpos machines, lift buttons and surfaces including interactive touchscreens and benches
- Tour numbers will be limited and visitors asked to keep a safe distance from each other
- Audio devices used guided tours will be sanitised between each tour
- Extra hand sanitising stations have been placed throughout the Grounds
If you have been asked to self-isolate due to potential exposure to COVID-19, feel unwell, or awaiting a COVID-19 test result please do not visit Waitangi Treaty Grounds.