Waitangi Family Pass.
Discover Waitangi with the whole family. Children under 18 are FREE.
Explore 2 new museums, learn more about our history during the guided tour, watch the carvers, and enjoy an action-packed cultural performance.
An age-appropriate discovery trail activity is given to children on arrival to complete. The cricket set on the Upper Grounds provides an opportunity for the whole family to have a hit during the summer months.
The new museums have a range of interactive screens and audio-visual experiences to keep the kids entertained.
The on-site café has a great children’s menu and there are a number of places with outdoor seating to give the youngest members of your family a break. Feel free to bring a picnic blanket. Click here to find the map of the Grounds.
The Family Pass is only $50 for a New Zealand family (2 adults) and is valid for 2 days. The Pass includes entry to the 2 new museums, all heritage buildings, the carving studio, a guided tour of the Treaty Grounds, and cultural performance in Te Whare Rūnanga.
Our Family Pass is valid for two consecutive days. Included in your Family Pass:
- Full access to New Zealand’s most important historic site, including all heritage buildings and the world’s largest war canoe
- Entry to Te Kōngahu Museum of Waitangi and Te Rau Aroha museum
- Informative guided tour around Waitangi Treaty Grounds (50 minutes)
- Authentic Māori cultural performance (30 minutes)
- Live demonstrations in our Carving Studio
- Large gift shop
- Onsite café