Waitangi Family Pass.
Discover Waitangi with the whole family. Children under 18 are FREE.
Explore 2 new museums, learn more about our history during the guided tour, watch the carvers, and enjoy an action-packed cultural performance.
An age-appropriate scavenger hunt (discovery trail) is given to children on arrival to complete activities throughout the grounds. The cricket set on the upper grounds provides an opportunity for the whole family to take a hit during the summer months.
The new museums have a range of interactive screens and audio-visual experiences to keep the kids entertained.
The on-site café has a great children’s menu and there are a number of places with outdoor seating to give the youngest members of your family a break. Feel free to bring a picnic blanket. Click here to find the map of the grounds.
The Family Pass is only $50 for a New Zealand family (2 adults) and is valid for 2 days. The Pass includes entry to the 2 new museums, all heritage buildings, the carving studio, a guided tour of the Treaty Grounds, and cultural performance in Te Whare Rūnanga.
Our Family Pass is valid for two consecutive days. Included in your Family Pass:
- Full access to New Zealand’s most important historic site, including all heritage buildings and the world’s largest war canoe
- Entry to Te Kōngahu Museum of Waitangi and Te Rau Aroha museum
- Informative guided tour around Waitangi Treaty Grounds (50 minutes)
- Authentic Māori cultural performance (30 minutes)
- Live demonstrations in our Carving Studio
- Large gift shop
- Onsite café