Hāngi & Concert Evening
Our Hāngi & Concert experience offers an exceptional evening of authentic Māori culture, including a captivating live performance followed by a traditional hāngi dinner, cooked in an earth oven, where you can sample Māori culture and cuisine at its best!
The perfect way to complete your visit to Waitangi
After a day of exploring the Waitangi Treaty Grounds at your leisure, your evening begins at Whare Waka Café.
- Enjoy a complimentary drink on arrival as you meet other guests and learn about the history of Māori hāngi
- Learn about this ancient cooking technique from our hāngi chef and see your dinner being prepared
- Enjoy a short bush walk and experience a fierce and exciting challenge from Māori warriors
- Be entertained by our Māori performing arts group, who will share a special night show
- Enjoy a delicious buffet dinner of meats, bread stuffing and vegetables from the hāngi, as well as breads, salads and steamed pudding for dessert!
1 October to 30 April
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Sunday evenings from 6pm – 8.30pm
(Subject to minimum numbers. Max of 80)
Child (up to 18 years) $55.00
(Children must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver)
Child (under 5 years) Free of charge
To help make your evening more enjoyable, we provide complimentary pick up and drop off from your accommodation in the Paihia area, so you can enjoy a delicious dinner and an evening of authentic cultural entertainment in Paihia and the Bay of Islands.