Hāngi & Concert and Day Pass Package
Purchase an adult ticket for our Hangi & Concert and Day Pass Package before the end of April and receive a $20 discount! All you need to do is enter the promo code AUTUMN19 when booking via our website or quote this code to our staff when booking direct.
Travel Period: 12 March – 30 April 2019
Hāngi & Concert Evening Experience
Available Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday
6pm – 8.30pm
After a day of exploring the Waitangi Treaty Grounds at your leisure, your evening begins at Whare Waka Café.
- Your host will set the scene as you mix and mingle and enjoy a complimentary drink on arrival
- Our hāngi chef will unveil your dinner and explain this ancient cooking technique
- Take a short bush walk and experience a fierce challenge with Māori warriors
- Be entertained by our performing arts group with a special night show
- Enjoy a delicious buffet dinner of meats, bread stuffing, vegetables, breads, salads and steamed pudding for dessert
Please note: Meat and vegetables are cooked together in the hāngi basket, please let us know when booking if a separate vegetarian meal is required.
Waitangi Treaty Grounds Day Pass
9am – 5pm
- Entry to Te Kōngahu Museum of Waitangi
- An informative Guided Tour with one of our local guides (50 minutes)
- A high-energy, entertaining Cultural Performance (30 minutes)
- The opportunity to watch carvers in action in our Carving Studio
- The Waitangi – Birthplace of a Nation Introductory film (22 minutes)
- Full access to New Zealand’s most important historic site, heritage buildings, bush walks and Bay of Islands views
Māori Hāngi & Concert Prices
- Adult $100
- Child (5-18 years) $55
- Under 5 years Free
Terms and conditions
Bookings may be cancelled without penalty up to 48 hours before date of travel. Cancellations within 48 hours of date of travel or a no show may be charged in full. Promotion not available in conjunction with any other offer. In the unlikely event that a booked experience is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, Waitangi Treaty Grounds will refund the paid amount in full. Hāngi & Concert is subject to minimum numbers. Autumn special travel period: 12 March – 30 April 2019.