Work With Us.
Waitangi Treaty Grounds offers a diverse range of employment and career opportunities in the Bay of Islands, from customer service and hospitality to traditional Māori carving, education and cultural performance. Join us to be part of the team that promotes New Zealand culture and history to the world.
Current opportunities are listed on this page and may also be available through other job listing sites, as well as through Paihia job listings. To apply, download, print out and fill in the Job Application Form, and send it with your CV and covering letter marked for the attention of the manager indicated in the current vacancy.
Tour Guide – Casual
We are seeking someone who has sound knowledge of the History of New Zealand at the most important historic place in New Zealand and who is energetic and passionate about the tourism industry.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Tour guiding (regular tours and private tours)
- Ambassador to the Treaty Grounds
- Must be punctual and have excellent time management skills
- Exceptional customer service
- Local knowledge and history of New Zealand
- Being fit is an advantage as this is a physical role walking all day
- Covering Treaty House shift when required (coordinating and facilitating tour groups, cultural performances and opening/closing of the Treaty House)
If this sounds like you, please apply now!
Please send Covering Letters and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org