Join our team
Waitangi Treaty Grounds offers a diverse range of employment and career opportunities in the Bay of Islands, from customer service and hospitality to traditional Māori carving, education and cultural performance. Join us to be part of the team that promotes New Zealand culture and history to the world.
Current opportunities are listed on this page and may also be available through other job listing sites, as well as through Paihia job listings. To apply, download, print out and fill in the Job Application Form, and send it with your CV and covering letter marked for the attention of the manager indicated in the current vacancy.
Sales and Marketing Assistant
We are an ambitious and successful tourism business, welcoming over 120,000 visitors per annum from around the world, as well as another 40,000 during the annual Waitangi Week celebrations.
This new role will support our sales and marketing managers in all areas of the business, with potential for professional and personal growth along the way.
Ideally the successful applicant will have relevant qualifications and recent experience, although the position is also suitable for a new graduate looking to break into the industry.
This position includes a range of sales & marketing activities:
• Local agent liaison
• Social media marketing and web maintenance
• Marketing collateral: writing and editing of copy for brochures, website, newsletters and other promotional materials
• Liaising with design agencies
• Communication and media support
• Overall marketing support
• Tertiary qualification in marketing or related subject is essential
• Excellent sales skills
• Web design and social media skills would be advantageous
• Advanced written and oral communications skills
• An ability to work unsupervised and be self-motivated
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in small team
• Advanced computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office
We offer fantastic working conditions, competitive remuneration and a friendly, supportive environment.
If all this sounds good, we would love to hear from you!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.If you think you have what it takes, please apply now with your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, customer focused Café Assistant for our busy summer season. We need someone who enjoys working in a fast paced environment and with a team who are driven by offering world class customer service to their customers.
Located in the stunning Bay of Islands, the Treaty Grounds are a major tourism destination and attract visitors from around New Zealand and around the world.
We are looking for someone with the following skills:
- Experience in giving world class customer service
- Experience in hospitality; front line work and barista skilled
- Ability to work under pressure
- A positive attitude
- Flexible with the ability to work weekends and nights for our evening Hangi and Concert offering
Immediate start is preferred.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If this is you, please send your C.V. and covering letter to email@example.com
We’re looking for highly motivated volunteers at the Waitangi Treaty Grounds. Volunteer positions are available in Te Kōngahu Museum of Waitangi, working in our heritage gardens and working on the beautiful Treaty Grounds. These are all roles that involve customer interaction so we are seeking volunteers who love to meet people and who can help to make the experience of the Waitangi Treaty Grounds a memorable one. Volunteers will receive benefits and discounts at Waitangi Treaty Grounds.