Be among the first to hear about new exhibitions, lectures, concerts and even Easter egg hunts!
What are the benefits to being a Friend of Waitangi?
- Free admission to Waitangi Treaty Grounds and Te Kōngahu Museum of Waitangi
- Free guided tours
- Free cultural performances
- Invitations to special events
- Regular e-newsletters with exhibition, pubic programmes and event updates
- 10% discount at the Treaty Grounds gift shop
- 10% discount at Whare Waka Café
How much does it cost to become a Friend?
- Far North District Residents (proof of residence required) * $5
- New Zealand Residents (ID required) $25
How do I get my card?
Download and complete the Friends of Waitangi form and hand it in at Waitangi Treaty Grounds main entrance, or ask for a form on arrival at our main entrance. One of our friendly staff will then take your photo, create your card and it will be in your post box before you know it!
Terms and conditions
- Cards can only be obtained at Waitangi Treaty Grounds.
- Card renewal applies annually.
- Member benefits apply to the card holder only.
- Membership is not transferable or refundable.
- You must produce your membership card to obtain the benefits.
- Membership prices, events, benefits, reciprocal arrangements and terms are subject to change at Waitangi Treaty Grounds’ discretion.