Careers at Waitangi
Current vacancies will be posted here. To apply, download, print out and fill in the Job Application Form , and send it with your CV and covering letter marked for the attention of the manager indicated in the current vacancy.
We are a fantastic café located on New Zealand’s most important historic site, we offer our customers a great service offering a wide range of food and beverages.
We cater for functions and events and during our summer season run a Hangi and concert.
- Day to day café operations including cash handling
- Staff management including hiring, rostering and training
- Stock control
- Increasing café sales
- Ensuring food safety and hygiene standards are at a high level
- Function organisation
Qualifications and skills;
- Proven staff management experience essential
- Proven barista skills essential
- LCQ desirable (Licence Controller Qual.)
- Managers Certificate desirable
- Have excellent presentation and lead by example; setting the standard for your team
- Great can-do flexible attitude and ability to work on your own
- Friendly, confident and reliable.
Full-time permanent role, with increased hours throughout summer. The successful applicant will be flexible with working during the weekend, public holidays and some evening work.
If you think this is you, apply now! Send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Assistant Café Manager
Whare Waka Café, based on the Waitangi Treaty Grounds is currently looking for an experienced, results driven Assistant Manager.
• Day to day café operations
• Staff management
• Stock control
• Increasing café sales
Qualifications and skills
• Proven staff management experience essential
• Proven barista skills essential
• LCQ desirable (Licence Controller Qual.)
• Managers Certificate desirable
• Have excellent presentation and lead by example; setting the standard for your team
• Great can-do attitude and ability to work on your own
• Friendly, confident and reliable.
Part-time permanent role, with increased hours throughout summer. The successful applicant will need to be flexible with working weekends, public holidays and some evenings.
If you think this is you, please apply now! Please send your C.V. and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, customer focused Café Assistant who enjoys working with a team who are driven by offering world class customer service to their customers.
Located in a stunning location in the Bay of Islands, the Treaty Grounds are a major tourism destination and attract visitors from around New Zealand and around the world. We are looking for someone with:
- Experience in giving world class customer service
- Experience in hospitality, focusing on frontline work and preparing coffee
- The ability to work under pressure
- A positive attitude
- A flexible and adaptable working style
- Able to work nights and weekends
You will understand what it means to be provide truly exceptional customer service and strive to provide the best to our visitors.
Immediate start preferred
If this is you, apply now! Please send your C.V. and covering letter to, email@example.com
We're looking for highly motivated volunteers at the Waitangi Treaty Grounds.
Volunteer positions are available in Te Kōngahu Museum of Waitangi, working in our heritage gardens and working on the beautiful Treaty Grounds.
These are all roles that involve customer interaction so we are seeking volunteers who love to meet people and who can help to make the experience of the Waitangi Treaty Grounds a memorable one.
Volunteers will receive benefits and discounts at Waitangi Treaty Grounds.