Careers at Waitangi
Current vacancies will be posted here. To apply, download, print out and fill in the Job Application Form , and send it with your CV and covering letter marked for the attention of the manager indicated in the current vacancy.
We are a fantastic café located on New Zealand’s most important historic site, we offer our customers a great service offering a wide range of food and beverages.
We cater for functions and events and during our summer season run a Hangi and concert.
- Day to day café operations including cash handling
- Staff management including hiring, rostering and training
- Stock control
- Increasing café sales
- Ensuring food safety and hygiene standards are at a high level
- Function organisation
Qualifications and skills;
- Proven staff management experience essential
- Proven barista skills essential
- LCQ desirable (Licence Controller Qual.)
- Managers Certificate desirable
- Have excellent presentation and lead by example; setting the standard for your team
- Great can-do flexible attitude and ability to work on your own
- Friendly, confident and reliable.
Full-time permanent role, with increased hours throughout summer. The successful applicant will be flexible with working during the weekend, public holidays and some evening work.
If you think this is you, apply now! Send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
We're looking for highly motivated volunteers at the Waitangi Treaty Grounds.
Volunteer positions are available in Te Kōngahu Museum of Waitangi, working in our heritage gardens and working on the beautiful Treaty Grounds.
These are all roles that involve customer interaction so we are seeking volunteers who love to meet people and who can help to make the experience of the Waitangi Treaty Grounds a memorable one.
Volunteers will receive benefits and discounts at Waitangi Treaty Grounds.