Open daily except Christmas Day.
26 December to
9am to 6pm
to 24 December:
9am to 5pm
Call to make a booking with us now: +64 9 402 7437 or 0800 9248 2644 (Free phone within NZ)
Call to book now: +64 9 402 7437 or
0800 9248 2644 (Free phone
NEW Day Pass
Every hour on the hour, 10am to 4pm
October and November: 11am, 1pm and 3pm
December to March: 11am, 12.30pm, 2pm and 3.30pm
April to September: 11am, 1pm and 2pm
- Adult $40
- NZ residents (ID required) $20
- Child * (up to 18 years) Free
* Children must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver. Price not valid for schools or groups
Hāngi & Concert
- An intimate themed evening experience. Your ultimate immersion in Maori culture
- Enjoy a complimentary drink on arrival as you mix and mingle in the charming outdoor setting at Whare Waka Café
- Our charismatic and informative host will guide you through the evenings events
- Watch as our expert hāngi chefs unveil your dinner and educate you on the cooking process
- Be transported back in time as you follow your host on a short bush walk, where you will be approached by two māori chiefs and experience a traditional challenge (wero)
- Prepare to be amazed as our resident performing arts group Te Pitowhenua entertain you with a high energy cultural performance
- Enjoy a delicious buffet dinner of various meats, stuffing, vegetables, breads, salads and steamed pudding for desert
Available 1 December to 31 March
Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings, 6pm – 8.30pm
Maximum of 50 people
- Adult $110
- Children (5-15) $50
Get more with your Hāngi & Concert ticket – now includes a complimentary drink on arrival at Whare Waka Café and a Day Pass.
Haka: To dance, perform the haka, war dance.
Poi: a ball on the end of a string which is swung or twirled rhythmically to sung accompaniment. Used in days of old by men folk to gain suppleness, strength and flexibility in their forearms to master traditional weapons. .
Hāngi: Earth oven - earth oven to cook food with steam and heat from heated stones.